Frank Lee, MD, FAAOS
SBL Bonutti Clinic
Dr. Lee specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopedic conditions and performs several orthopedic procedures including:
- Upper Extremities
- Hand Surgery
- Micro Surgery
Frank Lee joined Bonutti Clinic in the fall of 1998 following a hand surgery fellowship at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. He received his medical and undergraduate degree from Boston University through its accelerated six year medical program. His orthopedic surgery training was performed at Wayne State University in Detroit. Dr. Lee brings extensive experience and expertise to the Bonutti Clinic in the areas of Hand Surgery, General Orthopedics, and Sports Medicine. Dr. Lee's past hospital affiliation was with the Little Rock Air Force Base Hospital where Major Frank Lee served as an Orthopedic Surgeon and Chief of Surgical Services.
He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery with added certification in hand surgery. Other professional organization memberships include: American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Illinois State Medical Society, Effingham County Medical Society.
Dr. Lee has a practice that deals heavily with upper extremity disorders. His interests range from sports to work related injuries. Examples include; problems related to shoulder, arthritis and rotator cuff pain, elbow tendinitis, and carpal tunnel syndrome. His expertise includes arthroscopic surgery of the wrist, elbow and shoulder. His personal interests that patients can often relate to include: fitness, racing, jeeping, hunting and shooting sports. Patients often appreciate the chance to discuss their opinions openly with Dr. Lee. Surgery is not always the first and only treatment recommendation.
- Undergraduate: Boston University, Boston, MA
- Medical: Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- General Surgery Internship: Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
- Hand Surgery Fellowship: University of Arkansas, Little Rock, AR
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Central Illinois Orthopedic Society
- Illinois Association of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Illinois State Medical Society
- Effingham County Medical Society
- St. Anthony Memorial Hospital
- Effingham Ambulatory Surgery Center