Eric Brewer, DO
SBL Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
SBL Casey Clinic
Dr. Brewer specializes in total joint replacements and orthopedic sports medicine.
Orthopedic Surgeon Eric Brewer, DO, takes great pride in helping people return to doing the things they love. He remembers rebounding from injuries as a student athlete during his tenure as a pitcher for the Saint Louis University Billikens, and it inspired him to become an orthopedic surgeon.
I had two surgeries on my elbow when I was in college, and I was able to come back and pitch. That experience helped me realize that I could help people get back to doing what they want to do at the same level.
Dr. Brewer said he’s always had an interest in medicine, despite dreaming of becoming a professional baseball player as a child. A star high school pitcher, he accepted an athletic baseball scholarship to Saint Louis University where he earned a bachelor’s degree in biology in 2004. Following his interest in medicine and orthopedics, he entered Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kirksville, Missouri, where he earned his medical degree in 2012.
Dr. Brewer completed a five-year orthopedic surgery residency in May at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine where he cared for people in four states including Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia and New York. Working long hours and traveling to a new location every three months, Dr. Brewer gained experience performing total joint replacements, arthroscopic surgeries, repairing fractures and handling trauma cases.
Dr. Brewer enjoyed working with people of all ages, he was thankful for an opportunity to work with elite athletes on minor league teams for the Detroit Tigers and the New York Knicks during his residency.
Dr. Brewer is eager to work with area residents to help them overcome obstacles that may be limiting them, whether it’s through surgery, medicine or injections. “I like to explore all options to help people get better before recommending surgery,. I care about my patients as people first and I want to give them the best possible outcomes.”
- Master of Science: Medical Education, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine: Erie, PA
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (A.T. Still University): Kirksville, MO
- Bachelor of Art: Biology, Saint Louis University: St. Louis, MO
- High School Diploma, Oakville Senior High: St. Louis, MO
- Orthopedic Surgery Resident, Millcreek Community Hospital: Erie, PA
- Anatomy Lab Dissector, KCOM-Kirksville, MO
- OITE Preparation: A survey of multiple osteopathic orthopedic programs
- Achilles Tendon Footprint: A cadaveric study
- Nerve Injury During Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Meta Analysis
- Atlantic 10 All Conference Academic Team, St. Louis University
- Athletic Baseball Scholarship to Saint Louis University
- Who’s Who Among American Colleges and Universities
- Certified in Stryker MAKO Robotic-Arm assisted surgery
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center: Cincinnati, OH-Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery – Alvin H. Crawford, M.D. & Charles Mehlman, D.O.
- CAMC Health System: Charleston, WV - Trauma –Aaron L. Sop, D.O.
- Geauga Medical Center: Cleveland, OH - Hand and Upper Extremity-Laszlo Harmat, D.O.
- Meadville Medical Center: Meadville, PA- Spine –James R. Macielak, M.D.
- Meadville Medical Center: Meadville, PA- Adult Joint Reconstruction –Jeffrey M. Abbott, D.O.
- Meadville Medical Center: Meadville, PA- Sports Orthopaedic Surgery–Vincent J. Paczkoskie, M.D.
- Arnot-Ogden Medical Center: Elmira, NY-Foot and Ankle –Beth Dollinger, M.D.
- Student Ambassador - Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine: Kirksville, MO - assisted in organizing and executing special events for prospective students
- Surgery Club Member - Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine: Kirksville, MO - organized and arranged mock anatomy practical exams for first and second year students - organized suture labs for the students
- Pennsylvania State Osteopathic Physician and Surgeon License - Active
- Ohio State Osteopathic Medicine License - Active
- West Virginia State Osteopathic Physician License - In-active
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Medical Association